🛋 General curiosities
Click here to download if you’re already on your phone.
For now, Groove is only available on iPhones, Androids, & iPads. It’s like a coworking space in your pocket that you can transport to when you need some good vibes, high fives, and focus time. One of the best parts about it being on your phone is how casual it is. It’s quite common for Groovers to flip their phone camera around to share the view outside their window.
Our 1-hour coworking sessions are at the heart of how we hang out every day, but, this space is so much more!
Hop into Groove to … ⤵️
- Privately cowork with friends anytime, from anywhere
- Join a Groove Space to meet new pals with similar interests
- Form a regular coworking crew
- Post a goal that friends can see for next-level accountability
- High-five a fellow Groover to celebrate a win
- Attend monthly Goal Planning Parties
- Schedule Grooves in advance to form a habit…& more!
Imagine if you got to design your dream coworking space and all the awesome humans you know and love (close friends, former teammates, the people you met on a retreat, etc) could show up and support you (and you support them!).
Groove is your dream workspace that you can hop into from the comfort of your own home to see in real-time how your friends are doing, what they’re up to, and have some structured fun together.
You wanna follow us? 😏 We’re honored! Find us here.
Groove is free for now. One day soon there will be a paid version. We’re thinking it’ll be a weekly membership, around the price of a cup of coffee…the kind that’s brewed with fresh local beans and poured with care into a beautiful ceramic mug ☕️ Until then, we’re excited to welcome folks in for free who love the concept and embody what it means to be a Groover.
🕺 Our coworking sessions—aka how we hang out every day!
A Groove is a structured one-hour coworking session. Join a Groove whenever you’d like a burst of encouragement and accountability from 2-4 creative entrepreneurs like you. Most of us Groove a few times every day.
Each Groove = 👇
- 5 minutes ON video to say hello and share what you’re up to
- 50 minutes OFF video to focus
- 5 minutes ON video to share how it went
No—just you and 1-3 other Groovers. Groove makes it easy for the experience to run smoothly each time. You’ll see hints for what to do next. When you’re new, others will be notified and will happily show you the ropes. It’s a very welcoming community.
A few minutes! When you are sharing your goals at the beginning, the outline around each person will change colors to show you’ve been talking for at least one minute and it’s time to move on to the next person.
If you have to get to work quickly in order to make a call at the top of the hour, for example, communicate that! If you’d like to ask someone a question about something in their Groove bio and get to know them better in the post-Groove chat, ask them if they have an extra couple of minutes. Respecting each other’s time is extremely important to us.
All sorts of things! You can jump in, coffee in hand, first thing in the morning to plan your to-dos or tackle something you’ve been procrastinating for a while, like redoing your website or sharing your podcast on new channels. You can also Groove to reorganize your home office, take an intentional lunch break, or meditate. It’s not about what you do, it’s about why you're here ❤️
Yes! Early birds, night owls, and those feelin' the afternoon slump are all welcome to hop in whenever. Typically between 8-6pm ET Monday through Friday, you’ll get matched up with a fellow Groover within a couple of minutes. Outside of that time, it may take a few more minutes. Groove fits right into your day—no matter what structure you've designed for yourself.
💡 Pro tip: If you tap on your profile picture in Groove and then settings, you can customize your Grooving hours. We highly recommend doing this, so that you only get notifications from Groove during hours you like Grooving.
- To start a regular, on-demand Groove, right here, right now. Click the start button on the home screen. Other Groovers will join you shortly. This is the most common type! If there is an on-demand Groove ready to join when you open the app, you’ll see that under the online now section.
- To start a private Groove with a specific person or people, visit your chats. Select the chat with the people you wanna Groove with (or make a new chat). Then, click +Groove in the top right corner and your friends will be invited to join you. No one outside of that chat will see you’re in this Groove, after all, it’s private.
- To RSVP for a scheduled Groove aka book a time to Groove later in the week, scroll down to Coming Up and click “RSVP”. To create your own scheduled Groove, click the calendar icon on the home screen. You unlock the ability to schedule a Groove once you’ve Grooved 2x.
Once you’ve completed at least 2 Grooves, click the calendar icon in the top right corner to create a Groove for a date/time in the future. Set a theme/title for the Groove like “Monday motivation” to get folks excited to join you. If you make it too specific, others might not RSVP unsure if it’s for them or if they’re working on a task during that time that doesn’t apply to your theme, but you’re welcome to try! Everyone else who RSVPs for that Groove can join you in doing the same.
If you’re just starting out, the default is that everyone on the app can join. As you keep on Grooving, you’ll unlock more options to make who its available to more specific.
You'll be prompted to start an on-demand Groove instead, which will ping others to see if they're around to join you.
If you RSVPed, you can still get in, but the others may 'start work' without you.
Yes, 10 minutes before inside the Groove app and you can also connect your Google Calendar to get reminders that way.
Inside Groove, you’re not working on the same project as other people; Groove is like the digital version of sitting next to an awesome human at a coffee shop who also has their laptop out and asking them, “Hey, what are you working on?” and talking for a couple of minutes before you put on your headphones for focus time…and then checking in with each other again in 50 minutes.
We’ve heard dozens of great stories of Groovers taking this to the next level and hiring other Groovers to support them on projects. This isn’t the focus of Groove (and we’re definitely not a place to be transactional about finding new work), but this is a cool result of meaningful relationships being built here.
🤝 The social side of things
A bunch of creative entrepreneurs who have been building their businesses for 1+ years and are eager to level up how they work from home. Groovers are ambitious doers with niche interests and wacky hobbies. It’s not uncommon to meet a Groover who is obsessed with baking sourdough, loves rollerskating, or doodles daily. Scroll up to check out some of the awesome humans you might meet!
If you’re already a Groover, invite them with your “share link,” which you can find on the main screen of the Groove app.
When you use your share link, your friend will bypass the application process and you’ll automatically be notified when they join and connected to them inside the app.
Our application process helps us intentionally bring in new Groovers who we think could really benefit from this community and are excited to join the fun. We bring in new people every few days.
Groove orbits are a way to help you bump into familiar faces on Groove. If you’re new to Groove and see you have an orbit request, it’s probably from someone you already know or read your bio and thought you were cool—folks are required to send a message with their orbit request, so you should have an idea why they’re reaching out. As you jump into more and more coworking sessions, you’ll eventually unlock the ability to start Grooves just for your orbit (instead of for everybody). This way, you can start a Groove and only see familiar faces if you’d like.
Once you Groove with someone they will be automatically added to your orbit. You can click on your profile to manage settings and remove someone from your orbit if you’d like. They won’t see that you did this. If you want to add someone you know to your orbit manually you can search for their profile and request to add them.
The number doesn’t matter! The list of folks in your orbit and the number of people in it are private—no one else can see them. Orbits are simply your familiar faces on Groove, people you want to keep bumping into around here. It’s a way to keep the people you’ve met visible to you and easy to select once you’ve unlocked the ability to create “orbit-only” Grooves.
Yes! Click the handy invite button on Groove to invite them.
- “Be present. There’s something really magical about being in a Groove with 3 other people from around the world, ready to focus and keep each other accountable.” –Taylor 🧘♂️ Put away distractions and get ready to make progress.
- “Just go for it! Everyone is super welcoming, and you don't have to be an extrovert to thrive in the Groove community.” –Kerri 🗣 In fact, we’ve found that on average, the Groove community is right in the middle of the introvert/extrovert spectrum. The format can be really energizing for all.
- “Break down your tasks into bite-sized accomplishable to-do items.” –Jason ✅ With time, you’ll learn what’s possible in 50 minutes. Don’t beat yourself up if you don’t get to everything. Celebrate the little wins.
- “When you need a little extra boost, go to your fellow Groovers” –Sarah 🕺 They’re like your work from home cheerleaders.
Every Groover agrees to these when they create their Groove account. They’re great to revisit to know how to best help contribute to this special culture.