Hey there! Sorry to hear you’re having some tech trouble. Let’s get to the bottom of this so you’re back to Grooving in no time ⏰
Logging in 👋
“The Groove app isn’t loading correctly.”
- Check your wifi to confirm you’re properly connected.
- If that doesn’t work, try deleting the Groove app and reinstalling it.
- If that doesn’t work, restart your device.
“It’s my first time signing into the Groove app. I’m clicking the email confirmation, but it just takes me back to the Groove website to join the waitlist instead of opening the Groove app.”
- Just confirming, you’re on your phone and not your computer when you’re opening that confirmation email, right? 😉
- Android Users: Go to your general phone settings. Find Groove (under apps & notifications). Tap 'Open by default” and make sure the Groove links are selected to open in the app.
- iPhone Users: Try restarting your phone. If that doesn’t work, confirm that your email app is not set to open links within the app. For example: In the Spark email app, the setting change looks like this ⬇️
“It’s my first time signing into the Groove app. When I put in my email, it says I need to sign up for the waitlist, but I’ve already been let off the waitlist or my friend invited me with their special share link.”
- Confirm you’re using the right email address.
- It’s possible there was a typo in your email address when you originally signed up 😬 Send us an email and we’ll get you sorted at email@example.com.
Changing your settings ⚙️
“I can’t find my settings to change my bio, notifications, etc.”
- Tap your picture (or the icon with the letter if you don’t have a picture) in the top left of the home screen to access settings.
“I want to stop getting notifications at all hours of the day from Groove. Can I turn off notifications for specific hours?”
- Yes! Set your Grooving hours by tapping your picture (or the icon with the letter if you don’t have a picture) > Settings > Grooving Hours - Edit
“I need to change what email address is associated with my Groove account.”
- Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get you sorted.
Scheduled Grooves 📅
“My friend created a Scheduled Groove. I’m on the Groove app right now. It’s 2pm, which is when they said it would start, but I don’t see them waiting for me. I didn’t RSVP in advance to join them.”
- You have to RSVP in advance for a scheduled Groove (1:59pm or earlier). Try starting a new Groove instead and asking your friend to join you there.
I keep missing my Scheduled Grooves. Is there a way to get reminders to join them?
Yes! Visit your settings to connect Groove to your Google calendar for email reminders. To edit your settings, tap your picture (or the icon with the letter if you don’t have a picture) in the top left of the home screen.
“I hear an echo when I talk in Groove or when someone else is talking.”
- We hear this sometimes with Android users or folks who have their bluetooth on and may have earbuds trying to connect. Kindly ask everyone in your Groove to ‘mute’ themselves and try to figure out who’s causing the echo. That person might want to turn off ‘bluetooth’ or exit out of the Groove app, by swiping it away, and then opening it up again to rejoin the Groove.
“I’m trying to regroup, but no one can hear or see me. I can hear and see them.”
- Click “leave”, exit out of the Groove app, open it again, and rejoin the Groove you were in. This also works if you get a phone call and your audio disappears.
Downloading Groove 📲
How do I download the Groove app on my phone?
If you’re on your phone, click here. If you’re on your computer, grab your phone and scan this handy, dandy QR code ⬇️
Need some additional tech support? 📧
We’re so sorry you’re having trouble! Send us a note at email@example.com. Please indicate whether you’re on an iPhone or Android and, if possible send screenshots or a screen recording to share exactly what you’re seeing.