Logging in 🚪
- Check your wifi to confirm you’re properly connected.
- If that doesn’t work, try deleting the Groove app and reinstalling it.
- If that doesn’t work, restart your device.
- Just confirming, you’re on your phone and not your computer when you’re opening that confirmation email, right? 😉 Groove is mobile only.
- Android Users: Go to your general phone settings. Find Groove (under apps & notifications). Tap 'Open by default” and make sure the Groove links are selected to open in the app.
- iPhone Users: Try restarting your phone. If that doesn’t work, confirm that your email app is not set to open links within the app. For example: In the Spark email app, the setting change looks like this ⬇️
- Confirm you’re using the right email address.
- It’s possible there was a typo in your email address when you originally signed up 😬 Send us an email and we’ll get you sorted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changing your settings ⚙️
- Tap your picture (or the icon with the letter if you don’t have a picture) in the top left of the home screen to access settings.
- Yes! Set your Grooving hours by tapping your picture (or the icon with the letter if you don’t have a picture) > Settings > Grooving Hours - Edit
- Send us a note at email@example.com and we’ll get you sorted.
Simply click on their profile, the bell in the top right corner, and toggle off the section that says “You Groove together”. This person will no longer be able to see Grooves you start or join. They will not be notified you made this switch. They will still be able to send you a DM on the app. If you’d like to report the behavior or profile of a fellow Groover and think they may have violated our community agreements, please email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Trust and safety is extremely important to us ♥️
Scheduled Grooves 📅
- You have to RSVP in advance for a scheduled Groove (1:59pm or earlier). Try starting a new Groove instead and asking your friend to join you there.
Yes! Visit your settings to connect Groove to your Google calendar for email reminders. To edit your settings, tap your picture (or the icon with the letter if you don’t have a picture) in the top left of the home screen.
- We hear this sometimes with Android users or folks who have their bluetooth on and may have earbuds trying to connect. Kindly ask everyone in your Groove to ‘mute’ themselves and try to figure out who is causing the echo. That person might want to turn off ‘bluetooth’ or exit out of the Groove app, by swiping it away, and then opening it up again to rejoin the Groove.
- Click “leave”, exit out of the Groove app, open it again, and rejoin the Groove you were in. This also works if you get a phone call and your audio disappears.
Downloading Groove 📲
Click here or scan below 👇
Need some additional tech support? 📧
We’re sorry you’re having trouble! Send us a note at email@example.com and please indicate what device you’re on. If possible, send screenshots or a screen recording to share exactly what you’re seeing.